How-To: Post Photos - Advanced

How-To and General Information

How-To: Post Photos - Advanced

Postby hennesse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 am

How To Post Photos - Advanced

In How-To: Post Photos - Basic we learned how to post photos with our messages. Now we'll learn how to intersperse our photos with the text in our message.

This gets a little tricky. The easiest way I've found is to (1) type in the text of your message, (2)then upload all the photo attachments; (3) then intersperse...

capture-1.jpg
Text typed and photos uploaded
capture-1.jpg (60.77 KiB) Viewed 29284 times

Now we want to position the chickens photo under "Here's a photo of Dave with his Chickens". Move your mouse to the blank line under "Here's a photo of Dave with his Chickens" and click. The cursor will appear there. * * * Make sure the cursor is where you want the photo to appear. * * * Now move your mouse to the "Place inline" button just under "dave-chickens-90x90.jpg". Click "Place inline". Now repeat that process for the other two photos. Here's what it will look like:

capture2.jpg
Photos interspersed
capture2.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 29284 times

Now scroll down a ways, and click the "Preview" button.

capture-3.jpg
Looking good!
capture-3.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 29284 times

You may want to make the photos stand off a little from the text. Scroll down to the message entry area and add blank lines. Then click "Preview" again. Looking good, right?

Problems you may encounter:

You have provided an invalid answer to the question You'll notice that the Spambot Question has changed, and the answer field is now blank. This is because the Spambot question times out after 5 (?) minutes, and you've taken longer than that to compose your message. The timeout is non-configurable, and I haven't figured out a way to circumvent it (yet). Fix - type in the answer to the new question, and click "Preview" again.

Oops - I didn't do this -> * * * Make sure the cursor is where you want the photo to appear. * * * and things are out of sequence. If possible, cut-and-paste the text to get things in the right order. If that won't fix it, try cutting and pasting the {attachment=x} Blah {/attachment} lines to get things in proper sequence. But that's where I've had some terrible problems crop up - duplicate photos, or "file not found" errors. If this happens, it's not your fault - the software sometimes gets confused. Occasionally I've ended up having to delete all the photos, and re-attach them. So better to plan your work first, and avoid the headaches.

Enjoy,
Dave
hennesse
Site Admin

Return to Annoucements and Administrivia