KH with KR heads

Production K Models

Re: KH with KR heads

Postby thefrenchowl » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:57 am

Not really Erik,

Just trying to say it's all been tried before and most of what I read these days on the web is like proving to a proper race guy that fitting twin 40mm carbs and 2" exhaust pipes on a Sportster will yield dividends... It just won't... It's just good for looks and the easily pleased crowd that knows fock all!!! But guys still try cause they don't believe anything you tell them...

Now if you try to interest me with sound off the main track ideas, I'm all ears and will help...

But they all miss the basics by a mile, blue printing is gone to the wind cause nobody really has the patience to do the boring but cheap stuff with what they have in front of their eyes, like DC Linkert, KHK cams.

Now, anyone can claim what they want as to the performance of their motors, but I actually got several brass plates from the SCTA to prove I've been faster and on longer distances on the Salt Flats than most of your mods, which also mean my motor is probably good for another 20mph on top of that on flat tarmac...

And before these times, I can also prove that 5 years prior, my then twin Linkert DC KHK could run the GB's motorway for hours on end WOT at 90/95 mph/4500rpm without missing a beat, decent car following/recording my antics. It proved so strong I then decided it would be a good contender for some Bonneville runs...

BUT, my 900 motor in its current state, supercharged on pure methanol still will not beat the speed of a 1968 factory NA twin Tillies 750cc KRTT at Daytona, 152 mph on one lap, courtesy of Roger Reiman...

This tell me the KR wrecking crews knew stuff I will never know never mind how much I try...

I'm humble enough to acknowledge it... But I'm also proud that guys like Jerry Branch took the time to come and see/encourage me...

Patrick
Flat Head Forever
https://web.archive.org/web/20071011184353/http://www.harleykrxlrtt.com/index.htm
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die so let me live my life the way I want to...
thefrenchowl

Re: KH with KR heads

Postby EKHKHK56 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 am

Patrick, I followed your amazing build, and some of your runs. Great job, design, and beautiful execution also. One thing the Factory did that they kept quiet about is Twice the Big End side clearance than "advertised". Simply to get the oil through before it could stack and burn. Some high speeds have been obtained with these DynoSaurs. :D Hope you get to enjoy some more! I just love everything about these. Erik
Attachments
20190219_013931_resized.jpg
Paul Goldsmith winning '53 Daytona
20190219_013931_resized.jpg (333.47 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
20190219_013549_resized.jpg
95 mph on the beach with the KR. 1953
20190219_013549_resized.jpg (111.46 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
EKHKHK56

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK