seals for front forks

Production K Models

Re: seals for front forks

Postby EKHKHK56 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:10 pm

That's really great! Thank you Dr Dick for the tip off and thank you for reporting back. With the mass amounts of fine dust we have it will be nice to have seals going in my fork rebuild. Erik K
EKHKHK56

Postby Mayday53 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:59 am

I ordered the 63 Triumph 650 fork seals from Baxters...I will let you know how they work out. Also, it appears the powder coat guy coated the top retainer onto the fork slider...can anyone tell me by looking at the pic?
Attachments
Right Fork.jpg
Right Fork.jpg (10.03 KiB) Viewed 9761 times
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Postby JohnF » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 am

All, appreciate all the feedback on my quest for solutions. Appears I had already begun some of the options mentioned in some form. I did find a plain seal, p/n 722108 National, that has no metal retainer. That involved machining a suitable insert to secure them into the forks, still in process. I do like the o’ring solution as well and will be machining those inserts as well to keep in stock (along with my machining notes). Additionally, I like the idea of the stat-o-seal. Was going to use a copper washer until that option was brought up and I did have several of the 5/16” ones in my stock from my days as a heavy Diesel engine tech. Again, thanks to all for sharing support and knowledge to these fairly rare machines that so few know much about. And yes, I did purchase the Triumph fork seal just to cover my butt.
JohnF

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK