Dennis Corso Exhaust systems

Production K Models

Re: Dennis Corso Exhaust systems

Postby sportsterpaul » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:35 pm

John R, thanks a million for that picture that shows how the lower exhaust port on and early K does not like up with the Corso pipes made for later model KH with taller cylinder decks. I can understand if Corso does not custom-make and stock pipes for the 15 or so people that might need the early K pipes in the next 10 years.

I might buy the Corso set, but now I know that I have to cut down the front pipe. Either that or search for an OEM front, or maybe find a tubing bender in Tampa like that Pipeline guy in San Jose.

If anyone is putting a ratty or cherry set up on eBay, let me know, I would most likely bid on it.
sportsterpaul

Postby sportsterpaul » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Ahhhh, guys---- I just went to the Corso website, and there are two different pipe sets, one for K and one for KH, both $240, which is a little pricey for a fixed income guy. Worryingly, the picture for both sets is identical, other than the text.

I will order the K set, if this is the same set that Sporty Specialties sells. Does V-Twin make a re-pop?
sportsterpaul

Postby strong56KH » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 pm

This is the response I got from Kirk when I emailed him about his system back in 2013.

"This is not a Corso product. We are the only distributor of this system. Thanks, Kirk 800 701-2925"

The ones that V-twin sells are the Corso ones, for KH and Sportster. As John found out, the two different pipe sets Corso lists, K and KH, are the same systems. I don't think there is anything else out there.
strong56KH

Postby John R » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:50 pm

strong56KH wrote:The ones that V-twin sells are the Corso ones, for KH and Sportster. As John found out, the two different pipe sets Corso lists, K and KH, are the same systems. I don't think there is anything else out there.

What I said was the front pipe is KH and is also supplied for Ks, but doesn't fit Ks without modification. The rear sections are different. I've just ordered a set for my KHK and in a month or so can say how I got on. Fingers crosssed!

John
John R

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK