Dennis Corso Exhaust systems

Production K Models

Dennis Corso Exhaust systems

Postby hennesse » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Has anyone purchased a Dennis Corso exhaust system for their K or KH?

If so, how does it fit? How does it look?

Dave
hennesse
Site Admin

Re: Dennis Corso Exhaust systems

Postby EKHKHK56 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I did but have not installed yet. I will look at them again and report back more about fit and finish. Erik K
EKHKHK56

Postby 55khkjoe » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Dave, I have from Corsco. Everything fit good, I had to trim exhaust after the Y to the muffler 1 3/4 of an inch to get correct muffler placement according to original pics. I did not have to shim at muffler. Please let me know your spot # at Oley I will stop by.
55khkjoe

Postby hennesse » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Joe,

The Hummer Hospitality Tent (vendor space 59A, I think) is where I'll be when I'm not out shopping. Chef Brent opens up the kitchen around noon on Friday, so stop by for a hot burger, a cold beer, and some Hummer Hospitality on Friday afternoon or Saturday. The Raino's are threatening to travel in from the hinterlands, so maybe this will be OSKRG-East?

oley.jpg
Where Dave? - at Oley
oley.jpg (165.4 KiB) Viewed 18287 times

033-800.jpg
Dave, Duane Taylor, Chef Brent Dugan
033-800.jpg (137.41 KiB) Viewed 18287 times

brent-jim.jpg
Chef Brent and Jim Garrett
brent-jim.jpg (80.23 KiB) Viewed 18287 times

Oley (Perkiomen Chapter) swap meet is April 22-23, 2016 in Oley, Pennsylvania. See ya there!
Dave
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby John R » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 pm

I bought a Corso K set, but front pipe didn't fit, looked like it was for a KH (slightly longer to accomodate taller cylinders). Told my supplier and he said Corso makes only one front pipe for both. I said that's crazy, they're different!

Emailed Corso who said my frame could be bent! I explained that Harleys made two front pipes for good reason. That cut no ice. He said I could try sawing off at the back end. Well, that could just work - the front end would be too low and you would need to angle-up to connect with the rear section; with only 1/4" into the rear section you could get away with the two sections being out of axis. Strange how some people think you should be happy spending good money for something to work on.

Anyway, I chrome stripped the front section, cut-out 9/16", butt welded, fettled and rechromed.

The KH set probably fits fine, but it's not a close copy. The Y-piece is butted and TIG welded, not like the factory 'saddle'. Other detailing not great.

John
Attachments
1.JPG
Fitted to my KK at rear join, too high at exhaust stub. Arrow shows where to cut and shut.
1.JPG (69.94 KiB) Viewed 17723 times
2.JPG
Close-up of misalignment.
2.JPG (83.01 KiB) Viewed 17723 times
8.JPG
Other bad detailing. Dent for footpeg clearance excessive compared to original.
8.JPG (93.78 KiB) Viewed 17723 times
John R

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:29 pm

A similar problem exists with the Sportster 2 into 1 pipe. The ones I have attempted to install just don't fit correctly. Its too small around the front bend and interferes with the generator part of the motor case, interferes with the oil tank and sticks out too far and too forward where the muffler mounts. You could try bending the pipe but hat may damage the chrome. I have heard similar complaints about the knuckle head pipes.
DaveC

Postby Mutt » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:43 pm

The Hummer pipes he makes are just as bad or worse. I'm not too sure I would want to buy any thing else from him, knowing it most likely ain't gonna fit. No possible way to fudge them on. Does any one ACTUALLY test fit the repop parts they make to an actual original motorcycle before they start selling them?
Mutt

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:57 pm

John Penner does. His XL high pipe and XLR straight pipes are dead nuts on. He also does a K model high pipe. They are slightly heavier gauge than original but that's because his pipe guy had too high of a reject rate with the thin wall stock tubing. I have been trying to get him to do a XL two into one for some time. Perhaps he will get tired of me hounding him and get er done.
DaveC

Postby thefrenchowl » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 pm

I will run all day long with old scratched OEM pipes...
They fit!!!
Sod the judges and the chrome nutters!!!
Flat Head Forever
https://web.archive.org/web/20071011184353/http://www.harleykrxlrtt.com/index.htm
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die so let me live my life the way I want to...
thefrenchowl

Postby Mayday53 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:15 am

I have the original setup (rear pipe, y-pipe and mufflere) minus the front pipe...if anyone has one for a KHK they would like to sell, please let me know.
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Next

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK