Clutch basket Identification

Production K Models

Re: Clutch basket Identification

Postby JerrryR » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Look under Technical at Starter Crank for what will work with what.
JerrryR

Postby EKHKHK56 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 pm

Photos sent. There are a few different kicker set ups. Gears. Bushings, etc. Everything needs to match in a group. The one thing that is variable is using the Coarse tooth gear that engages the clutch basket as we call it. It grips better, by having more pressure on fewer teeth. It will engage Fine tooth basket no problem. You don't want extra play anywhere when setting up. Also, while called a kick start, there is no just kicking a KHK. Unless you want a broken ankle or a flight over the bars! :D I full choke, full throttle 2 revolutions. Half throttle, 3/4 choke, slowly wind it up until you feel TDC coming. Mag on, than light foot on kicker until you feel teeth engage. Than a full body stroke on the starter. Vroom pop. "K" Kevlar Barnett Wet Clutches are all I run. Toss the derby basket cover, it just keeps heat in. Erik
EKHKHK56

Postby hi-peral » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm

I just gotta send Huge Kudos to Erik for providing me the clutch basket that I was looking for as well as the stunning service to get it on its way to me! What a tremendous resource he is! Many Thanx!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
hi-peral

Postby EKHKHK56 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Well thank you very much! Now that I'm retired I will be quick with responses and shipping, especially when I get all unpacked! Still doing Carburetors of course. Erik
EKHKHK56

Postby hi-peral » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Mr. Erik...Got the basket today. A B C DELUXE!!! Very accurately described and packed!! Thanx again!
hi-peral

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK