Garage Floor Paint

All things K & Sportster

Re: Garage Floor Paint

Postby hayleyl » Mon May 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello K Modellers and Sportster nuts - I have use both Epoxy and Polyurethane products before on workshop floors and found the Epoxy stuff to be a bit more robust and longer lasting than Polyurathanes. Having said that, if you want to go down that enviro' path Livos products are the go. These are all natural products. (not sure if these products are available in the US) We built a new home 5 years ago and I use this process on my workshop concrete slab flooring. Oiled with Linus primer then Kunos clear. The primer soaks in and reacts with the concrete increasing the MPa level (comprehensive megapascal strength) up to 100 MPa - that's hard as a cats head. Standard garage or driveway concrete is about 35-40 MPa I think. The finish clear oil seals it beautifully and is super resistant to oil, beer, coffee, fuel and whatever other spills you can think of. No stink, no headaches, no toxic chemicals, no chipping and no dust. Easy to sweep etc. and low slip even if your boots are wet. I have not yet had to re-oil using the finishing product even in high wear areas. Might be worth investigating. Cheers Hayley.
hayleyl

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions