K Model Shirts??

All things K & Sportster

K Model Shirts??

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Does anyone know if K-Model T-shirts are available from anyone? I have found that a model specific T-shirt is a good way to strike up conversations with vendors and other attendees at swap meets. Examples: "Hey you got a K? I have a bunch of parts are home that you might be interested in" or "I know a guy who has three and is thinking of selling them".
Only one I found doing Google searches was a single long sleeve shirt that was sold on E-Bay two years ago. Other than that I can find nothing. (Long sleeve shirts are no good, I can see into Mexico from the back patio, a little toasty down here most of the year!) Thanks!!
Kurt

Re: K Model Shirts??

Postby leobrady » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:58 pm

Not so toasty here in Guam, more like a sauna!
leobrady

Postby sportyparts » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 pm

We will look into making "K" model shirts. We currently sell quite a few K parts. I would like a little more feed back from this group like what colors and sizes would you all be interested in?
www.kmodel parts.com
sportyparts

Postby leobrady » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:41 am

Unblack, XL, room for stomach
leobrady

Postby JohnF » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:33 am

I would definitely be interested in K Model tee shirts! Colors, white, light grey, w/ black or red print. I was the guy who bought that long sleeve shirt a couple years ago on eBay. Was a nice shirt, cool weather here in GA, but returned it because the print was misaligned terribly. Was an official H-D product reject I think. Sizes, XXL for me.
JohnF

Postby wb56 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:28 am

If anyone is interested in K flat track tees there is a seller on Etsy, ShaunMogerArt that sells Harley KR flat track tees. If you get one they are cut small so order one size up. I ordered XL and it fits a bit snug. The graphics are awesome though.
wb56

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 am

E Bay 52 K T shirt Item # 283853913797
Attachments
k shirt 001.JPG
T shirt
k shirt 001.JPG (258.34 KiB) Viewed 12168 times
Last edited by Lisa on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa

Postby hennesse » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 am

If you want a one-of shirt with your favorite saying on it, you can go to someplace like Cafepress and have one made.

The host chapter at most of the AMCA swap meets sells T-shirts. They have learned that people will pay good money ($20 or $25) for a premium shirt. I buy one at almost every meet I go to, and most have lasted 20 years, or until I destroy them with motorcycle grease. So what, in my humble opinion, is a premium shirt?

1) The material is good quality - either 100% pre-shrunk cotton or 50-50 blend. Cheap material falls apart after a few year's use. I don't know if these brand names are still around, but Haynes BeefyTees and JerZees were good years ago.

2) It has a pocket. I won't buy a shirt that doesn't have a pocket. Where else do you keep your sun glasses, reading glasses, pens and pencils, small tools. For those of you who still smoke, where else would you keep your cigarettes?

3) It has a pleasing multi-color graphic and some text on the rear. The colors in the graphic go well with the color of the shirt. Sometimes you have to adjust the colors in the graphic to match the shirt. Sometimes you have to pick the shirt color to match the graphic.

For an antique motorcycle marque club, adapting some factory literature is usually the best and easiest choice. Skip over to the Literature section, and look at the Harley Postcard, 54 KH - Harley Brochure, and 1956 KH/KHK Pamphlet. Would these be good candidates?

4) The front has either text and/or a graphic, on, or above, the pocket, which says something about the group or event.

OK, let's see an example! Below is the design for the Harley Hummer Club's last run of shirts in 2000. The design was adapted from a 1957 Harley brochure.

On the rear:

Above the pocket:

Colors - unless you're making thousands of shirts, you are probably going to be restricted to one color of shirt, and that color is going to be dependent on the graphics. This particular design worked quite well with a red shirt. A side benefit is that whenever you walk in a room wearing a red shirt, everyone turns and looks at you.

Count up the colors in the graphic. This was not an inexpensive short to produce. And the screen printer wanted a large press run - I think 200 was the minimum. But that was 20 years ago. Maybe the technology has changed.

My suggestion would be to include both a K model and old Sportster in the rear design, which might go well with "Old Sportster and K-model Research Group" above the pocket on the front.
dave.gif
dave.gif (88.3 KiB) Viewed 12188 times
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby Jim Garrett » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 am

I got this shirt at Oley about 12 years ago.
Attachments
K Model T shirt.jpg
K Model T shirt.jpg (109.8 KiB) Viewed 12182 times
Jim Garrett

Postby EKHKHK56 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

White, 2-3XL and that cotton that H-D uses...soft but holds up! :P Erik
EKHKHK56

Next

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions