Kurt Von Zech

All things K & Sportster

Re: Kurt Von Zech

Postby thefrenchowl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:33 am

Hi Joe,

+1...

I will only add that I do sub out some stuff sometimes, but I tell them what I want, what tolerances etc...

They often will querry these conditions but it is always my way or not at all...

And if my idea's wrong or flawed, I only got meself to blame and I've learnt the hard way for the next time...

Patrick
Flat Head Forever
https://web.archive.org/web/20071011184353/http://www.harleykrxlrtt.com/index.htm
I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die so let me live my life the way I want to...
thefrenchowl

Postby ThumpStreet » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Holy Batman!!! I almost fell for this shyster's sale pitch.Was about ready to send a down payment of 8K when I asked the question if the bike being negotiated had clear title.It did not and his plan was to send a non current registration as a transferable ownership document.NO,No,No not in pain in the rump Kansas.That saved me from the misery that as been experienced by the members that have replied to this inquiry.A great deal of thanks is owed to the guys that spoke up saving others from being fleeced by these internet scoundrels.Good Job!
ThumpStreet

Postby dr dick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:22 pm

thefrenchowl wrote:Hi Joe,

+1...

I will only add that I do sub out some stuff sometimes, but I tell them what I want, what tolerances etc...

They often will querry these conditions but it is always my way or not at all...

And if my idea's wrong or flawed, I only got meself to blame and I've learnt the hard way for the next time...

Patrick

i get ya.
there are still craftsmen out there who can work miracles in metal.
are they also short frame experts? probly not.

so like you do patrick, its good route to follow.
bring your education along with your parts to your craftsman.
lay both on him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
email me the pics of the 58r tree when time allows
dr dick

Postby Zaemo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Update: The list of those screwed by this guy grows. Hopefully we will hear from this individual first hand.

Also, I was speaking to Rick who sells on eBay as ABCgang who also does business in Florida. I was trying to discern if the carb on my bike originally came from Rick. He mentioned that Kurt still owed him money from a parts deal several years ago.

Z

Reason for posting: to remain vindicated.
Zaemo

Postby sportsterpaul » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:06 am

Thanks for the tip on ABCgang. He is about 30 miles north of me. I hope he can recommend a local shop that can bore cylinders and true flywheels.

I agree its great to be vindicated but we should not be surprised-- getting double-dealt is what we should expect. Its when someone comes through we should be astonished. I went to order a run/start capacitor for my central AC. I emailed the guy, Shortys HVAC at 7:00 on Thanksgiving Saturday, and he wrote back in 15 minutes. Said he would gladly overnight the part, but it should come in a couple days with his free shipping. I trusted him, and sure enough, I got the part 10:00AM Wednesday.
sportsterpaul

Postby Zaemo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:41 am

For further updates on this joker, please go the following link so I only have to update one of the three forums.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/show ... ?t=1926046

Z
Zaemo

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions