Tire Rotation Direction Arrow

All things K & Sportster

Re: Tire Rotation Direction Arrow

Postby jOe » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:27 pm

At Ease, Settle Down; Mike Slemmon gave me the answer this afternoon..........One side has an arrow and is marked 'front tire'-----the other side has an arrow pointed in the opposite direction and is marked 'rear tire' (which I initially missed seeing). Depending on what forces are exerted on the tread, front braking, rear propulsion etc. the tire is mounted in the direction noted by the arrow. So the tread points one way on the front wheel and the other way for the rear wheel. 19" tires are seldom seen on normal XLCHs so I overlooked it.
The main thing I learned today is that no matter what, Mike always has the answer for the most esoteric Sportster question.
jOe

Postby hayleyl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Yes - Thursday June 2nd here in Oz right now (1.09pm). so that makes tomorrow TGIF - (thank god it's Friday) - so that normally means happy hour at the local pub - so that means yes you can have 2 beers for the price of one - which may lead to some confusion Saturday morning seeing as it will be Friday in your neck of the woods which will mean I'll have to do 'happy hour' all over again on Saturday...and yes it looks like jOe has found correct marking because if you used that tyre to ride around the equator you'd probably fall off....Cheers Hayley.
hayleyl

Postby Mayday53 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 am

EKHKHK56 wrote:The arrows may mean for boys or girls? Or lefties or righties ;)

So it is a trans-gender tire? WTH?
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions