The Antique Motorcycle Magazine Nov/Dec - OSKRG Articles

All things K & Sportster

The Antique Motorcycle Magazine Nov/Dec - OSKRG Articles

Postby GaryM2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Check out the latest issue of the Antique Motorcycle Magazine (November/December 2018) for articles about the http://www.harleyKmodel.com website group OSKRG by Don Dzurick and Dave Carleton located on page 76-78. Way to go guys!

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/index.php

You may need to be a member of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America to access the online magazine......
GaryM2

Re: The Antique Motorcycle Magazine Nov/Dec - OSKRG Articles

Postby Model H » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:39 am

Just read it, very nice write up.

A +
Model H

Postby Ferrous_Head » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Well, that's interesting. As i live outside of the USA it costs me $15 MORE to join the AMCA. I'm gessing they post printed material but in this day and age of electronic books that really isn't necessary.
Antique, yes, that;s the word.
"I know only too well the evil that I propose, but my inclinations get the better of me."
Ferrous_Head

Postby chuckthebeatertruck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Yep, just read it to. Nice to see Don calling out a group of folks who AREN'T the normal pretentious buggers that litter some corners of the AMCA.

After 30 years in the vintage bike world, I look forward to Wauseon and Davenport just to see people milling around the OSKRG "camp." What's even more fun is when everyone starts getting excited about what they found and sharing throughout the evening as the libations roll.

I've learned more about the ins and outs of these "over looked" harleys than I ever thought possible when I got into this a handful of years ago. What's really odd is that pretty much everyone I"ve met is an old speed freak . . . and didn't just stop at hopping up sportys. The level of obscure, yet very useful knowledge, is quite real.

Thank you all for being part of this little corner of the universe.

As for a e version of the magazine -- god no, please. We have too many e-magazines. I still like to hold a magazine in my hands and wait for it to come in the mail. Yeah, it's old fashioned. And the joy of tearing off the cellophane just can't be matched by a "beep" that says it is in my inbox.

Sucks for those on the other side of the world; but that's also true for North Americans joining clubs in other parts of the world. If you think about it; $15 extra to ship something around the world is pretty amazing. Would I do that for the "chapter" newsletter -- hell no. Many chapters still have a LONG way to go if they want to survive another 20 years. Others have figured it out and put on some GREAT events that bring bikers together from all corners of the spectrum.
chuckthebeatertruck

Postby hennesse » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 am

Do AMCA Chapters have fun with old motorcycles?

Virginia's Highlands Chapter is NOT a bunch of pretentious buggers - heck, we're only semi-pretentious. And we DON'T bite - at least, not very hard. The AMCA Highlands Chapter does a lot of fun things with old motorcycles. Our "newsletter" is delivered for free throughout the entire known universe. So while you may not get that warm, fuzzy feeling of holding "ink on paper" in your warm fuzzy fingers, you can rejoice that not only can you read about our adventures for free, you can also see our bright smiling faces for no additional cost !!!

So click here to check out Highlands' Fun Events pages. Skip down to 2017 - Mother Nature rained on our parade for almost every event in 2018. We're looking forward to better riding weather in 2019. And we'll keep you informed - for free.

[ Disclosure: The author of this posting is also the Administrator of this website, and he is also the President of the AMCA Highlands Chapter.]

OSKRG-East 2019 - at the AMCA Oley Swap Meet - April 26-27, 2019 - be there, or be square!
Check the Old Sportster and K-model Research Group's eventsS at OSKRG events
You will be glad you did!
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby chuckthebeatertruck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 am

Like I said, some chapters have their stuff together and others don't.

That's not a dig on the system. It's inevitable that some will organize well and others won't. A chapter or a club is only as good as the energy its leaders and volunteers put in.

And, that's an OK thing.

Sorry if I got your feathers ruffled -- it was not my intention.
chuckthebeatertruck

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions