55 khk primary oil siphon tube

Production K Models

55 khk primary oil siphon tube

Postby turniprash » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi all, I'm working on my 1955 KHK, it has an early production left side case using a primary case oil siphon tube assembly. Part # 25100-53A
I have the oil siphon screw and the breather valve or "flutter valve" but do not have the siphon tube.
I'm thinking I can fabricate a new tube but need some specs about the tube to make one.
Would appreciate some measurements if anyone can help??
Thanks Joe
turniprash

Re: 55 khk primary oil siphon tube

Postby hennesse » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm

You must have a very early 1955. The new cases/valve came in at 55 KH 1300.

Try Jim's Forever in Mendon Ohio - 419-795-4185 He had a few last time I was there - I know, I bought one. I'll bet he still has them.

You'll have to speak with Jim himself, as nobody else knows where all the old stuff is.
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby turniprash » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi There, Thank you for giving me the lead to Jims Forever. I was able to talk to Jim, he did have the tube assembly and he sent it out to me.
I much appreciate the info and help. That much closer to getting it finished :-D
turniprash

Postby hennesse » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Some of you may be wondering what is Jim's Forever ??? I was too. So I called and spoke with Mary, and she gave me the scoop. They are no longer a Harley-Davidson dealer, just an independent motorcycle shop. "We're just as busy as we were before", said Mary.

A couple of years ago, Jim told me the story of how he became a Harley dealer back in 1961. He met with the Harley rep who said, "So you want to become a dealer, huh?" Jim said "Yes I do". The rep said "Give me $50". Jim did. The rep said "Now you're a dealer".

Long live Jim's Forever. Maybe even forever!
hennesse
Site Admin

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK