SUGGESTION: Add XLR (at least) to this Topic Heading

Racing K Models

Re: SUGGESTION: Add XLR (at least) to this Topic Heading

Postby hugoct » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am

Reach out to Mike Sinnott regarding the XLR hill climber. Very iconic people were involved in the construction and riding of this bike. It would be a shame to erase that much irreplaceable history and end up with just one of many bike show XLRTTs. You are the custodian and guardian of history. Choose wisely.
hugoct

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:29 pm

I've posted to the Harley Racers - Past and Present to reach out to Chris and Mike, after texting with 44UL.

"Jim Carpenter and Roger Reed owned the bike. Jim True rode it. I think they did very well on it at the Widow Maker. That may be where that picture was taken. I believe they ran nitro in it. I may see Jim True this Friday and will ask him if he has any other information about the bike. Jim Carpenter offered to let me ride it back in the day. I declined the offer ha ha. That is Jim True directly next to Jim Carpenter. Roger Reed between them and Bob Casebeer behind to Jim Carpenter's left. I think the guy in the black tee shirt is named Rusty." from Chris. Will see what additional info emerges.
Simon

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:40 pm

From another poster: "I bought all the Japanese bike stuff that the owner had a couple years ago. He lived over in East San Jose and the bike was sitting up against the house along with another one very similar to it but I didn’t buy the one he was offering to sell. I did see it for sale I believe in Utah a couple months later. If I remember correctly one of the bikes had an XR750 frame in the other one was a custom-made frame." Plus some pics of it indeed leaning up against said house!
Simon

Postby 44UL » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:49 am

Thanks Simon!!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! Kinda seems like it was left on the side of a house actually haha!
62 KR, 54 KHRM, ‘61 XLR, ‘68 XLR, original paint ‘59 CH, several 60 and 61 CH’s, two original ‘47 Servicars, 44 UL, 48 UL, 48 WL race bike(40 rwhp) 51 WR, original 68 XLCH, 65 Topper, Japanese Rikuo. Always interested in buying KR, KHRM, and XLR parts
44UL

Previous

Return to KR, KRM, KRTT, KHR, KHRM, KHRTT