Website LOGIN problems

All things K & Sportster

Website LOGIN problems

Postby hennesse » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:19 pm

Hi folks,

We finally figured out the website login problems - where you'd log in, then try to post something, and the website would ask you to login again, and then go round and round and round. It took me many months to figure out what the problem was and how to fix it.

You all thought "Dave, you're supposed to be this Hi-Tech kind of guy", but it turns out I'm just an old geezer like the rest of you, and I forgot to pay my "superpowers" renewal fee.

Jimtoo617, a new member, has been experiencing what sounds like the same problem. Is it the website, or is it Jim's computer? There's only one way to find out:

HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THE LOGIN PROBLEM LATELY ???

Vote early and often, and LOUDLY!

Dave
hennesse
Site Admin

Re: Website LOGIN problems

Postby wz507 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:42 pm

No problems, it's been perfect for quite some time now.
wz507

Postby Ferrous_Head » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:57 pm

No problems. Try a different browser, clear all your cookies. Try a different machine if you can.
"I know only too well the evil that I propose, but my inclinations get the better of me."
Ferrous_Head

Postby Tim The Grim » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:13 am

No problems using Chrome browser today. I did clear the cookies first.
54KHK (Current Build),2013 XL1200V “72” Hard Candy, 97 Honda Valkyrie
Tim The Grim

Postby Ferrous_Head » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:27 pm

If only one member is having a problem it is going to be with his situation.
If he was to document his version of Windows, Browser and browser version, plugins, anti-virus software etc you might be able to define under what area this problem occurs.
As it only appears to happen when a user is validated I'm thinking it has to do with comms to the back end db being used. Is that an SQL DB ? Are you using PHP ?

There are millions of people out there writing software everyday. Conforming to standards that are not adhered to by most of the tech giants. Hardware engineers are producing new chips and updating firmware every hour of every day.

This is all a moving target and is very character building. (Well, that's what they kept telling me before I quit)
"I know only too well the evil that I propose, but my inclinations get the better of me."
Ferrous_Head

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions