Restoration Costs

All things K & Sportster

Restoration Costs

Postby murph » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:15 pm

I've restored my share of early sportsters but nothing too recently. I do keep my eyes out for the hard to get items and buy them when I can. I bought a 53 K a few years ago from a friend who I helped restore it, and when I bought it I decided to take it to the next level and make it as accurate as possible thanks to the members here. At the time, I was taken back at the cost of K parts but I don't mind paying the price for the right parts if it does it justice. I'm sure glad I had that thought process as I follow the prices today of some of the things I've purchased not that long ago. Your restorations are worth more in pieces then they are a whole running bike. If you are the high bidder on some of Machivmotors 53 k parts on ebay right now, I tip my hat to you. I've often thought there should be a motorcycle restoration rehab center for people like me...but now I relize I don't have a problem and I can quit anytime I want. :) And that's my rant for today.
murph

Re: Restoration Costs

Postby panic » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:26 pm

The most profitable restorations are done by famous-name shops on a vehicle owned by a celebrity.
Elvis' KH is the same price as a house.
[url="http://victorylibrary.com/L-BK.htm"]The Linkert Book[/url]
panic

Re: Restoration Costs

Postby Simon » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Those prices are high compared to recent listings indeed!
Simon

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions